Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Me day? Mothers day... No way.

I’m typically not one to complain. I enjoy life, I love my husband and daughter dearly… they are my life and I couldn’t be more thankful. But moms need breaks. We need mini 1 hr vacations every once in a while… I’m not sure what your escape is however my preferred “me time” involves tranquil music, warm water, a foot scrub, a vibrating massage chair, and getting a French pedicure once month. 1 hour once a month? Is that too much to ask for? Imagine my excitement for mother’s day… I thought about a bottle of champagne, the spa, relaxation, dinner, and my family y-e-a-h … it went a little like this instead…
My mothers day went as such, me my daughter and my father took a drive to Circleville OH to see where my grandparents were buried, my husband worked and I got to battle an upset teething baby all by my little ol lonesome just about all day. Then my husband gets home from work with my mothers day card, and a note saying that I need to go treat myself to a pedicure. I LOVE pedicures. And looking down at my feet I could tell I was long over do for a brizillion soak. Now, 27 days later, this momma has yet to step foot into a day spa to get her pedicure as promised.
As I was hinting after dinner one night that I truly desired getting my toes done, trying to guilt and pursued my husband to take a day off so I could go to the day spa, he said… and I quote… “I don’t understand why you and *A haven’t gone already”
“… Um me and *A?” I said shocked that he truly didn’t understand. “… Me and our daughter?” I repeated myself slightly confused. “Are you serious?” I questioned again.
My poor husband truly didn’t understand why me and *A hadn’t gone to get my pedicure. Now maybe its just me, but I don’t see how bringing a 14month old to a pedicure appointment would end well. That’s like bringing her to a bar… you just don’t do it. Day spas are adult time—typically mommy adult time. Do you know how MISERABLE getting a pedicure would be with a toddler to chase, and entertain? It would be pointless for me, and annoying to all the other women spending $40 on their escape. Getting a pedi isn’t just because I want my toes to look pretty, its 45 minutes of pure relaxation. It rejuvenates me so I can tolerate my husband’s sometimes idiotic comments… like bringing our daughter to the day spa.
Now don’t get me wrong, I look forward to the day when my daughter is old enough to enjoy and understand the meaning of the pedicure club, but right now its just beyond her. And because of that, my feet pay the price. So much for my mothers day gift. I’ll cash it in one day… *sigh* … one day... Isnt that always how the story goes? LOL. Oh motherhood, marriage and life... how I love thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment