Monday, January 5, 2009

That's just rude!

So on my Wedding day I was a bit of a multi-tasker. I had a prenatal doctor visit in the morning… which unbeknown to me till I got there that would be including a pelvic exam. Oh yay. What fun. That's what every bride wants to hear on the day she says her "I do". However, because I'm a rock star and it needed to be done, I reluctantly agreed to the procedure. Ladies if you thought it was bad normally, wait till your almost six months pregnant… it even more uncomfortable! We discussed the usual… what she was seeing and how everything looked. Apparently my body is a picture of pregnancy perfection… until at the very end she had to deliver the most unnerving news. According to what she saw, and I have to trust her judgement because she was the only one down there… I'm quite petite in the pelvic region. Something every girl wants to here… petite makes any girls day. But when she followed that with my height allowing me to hide a big 10 pound baby, and that I wouldn't be able to naturally give birth if that was the case, C-section scar horror thoughts flooded my mind! I've NEVER had surgery! Like ever! Something I was hoping to maintain for a while.
The point of this is, today, like a nosy idiot wanting to know all my options, what they mean, look like, and include, I watched a educational video that shadowed a c-section. I'm telling you right now, it looked WAY worse than giving birth. EW! It was so gross! Plus you don't get to hold the baby… your scarred for life. The procedure is done in 20 minutes but that blue sheet you stare at will haunt you the rest of your life every time you look down at that nasty scar we all know the doctors could have closed pretty perfectly but chose not to.
I don't know what I'm going to do, but I know this… every morning when I wake up, I'm praying I have the ability to give birth naturally… and every night before I go to bed I'm gonna make sure my husband sends positive energy into the universe with me… cuz girl aint havin no C section!

No comments:

Post a Comment